The relationship between Xerox and Fuji Xerox, its joint venture in Japan, is the centerpiece of this commentary on how alliances among companies are forging new units of economic power known as "constellations." Internal rivalry can put constellations at a disadvantage against single-company rivals, and the ability to manage the balance of competition and cooperation is critical to success.January 1, 1997
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.Uncomfortable Truths Don’t Just Go Away
- 4.Role Model Behavior
- 5.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread
- 6.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 7.Innovation’s New World Order
- 8.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 9.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 10.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business