The trouble with most market segmentation programs is that they capture customers' preferences only at one point in time. Instead of snapshots, what is needed are moving pictures -- or what the authors call "evolutionary segmentation." By detecting unfolding trends, companies can gain a much better understanding of what customer preferences are likely to be tomorrow, and why.January 1, 1997
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Roger Martin’s Required Reading
- 2.Are You a Producer or a Performer?
- 3.Help, I Need Somebody (at the Office)
- 4.Stop Driving Away Your Producers
- 5.Millennials Play the Long Game
- 6.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 7.The Future of Management Is Teal
- 8.10 Principles of Change Management
- 9.Who Are Your High-Potential Employees?
- 10.How Ads for Big Brands Could Benefit Rivals Instead