The trouble with most market segmentation programs is that they capture customers' preferences only at one point in time. Instead of snapshots, what is needed are moving pictures -- or what the authors call "evolutionary segmentation." By detecting unfolding trends, companies can gain a much better understanding of what customer preferences are likely to be tomorrow, and why.January 1, 1997
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.Innovation’s New World Order
- 4.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 5.Role Model Behavior
- 6.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business
- 7.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 8.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 9.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 10.Paychecks with a Purpose