When music labels offer online subscription services, they risk cannibalizing current CD sales. To expand the entire music market, the labels should adopt the movie industry's "windowing" approach and create distinct value propositions for retail and digital channels.July 3, 2001
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Roger Martin’s Required Reading
- 2.Are You a Producer or a Performer?
- 3.Help, I Need Somebody (at the Office)
- 4.Stop Driving Away Your Producers
- 5.Millennials Play the Long Game
- 6.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 7.The Future of Management Is Teal
- 8.10 Principles of Change Management
- 9.Who Are Your High-Potential Employees?
- 10.How Ads for Big Brands Could Benefit Rivals Instead