When music labels offer online subscription services, they risk cannibalizing current CD sales. To expand the entire music market, the labels should adopt the movie industry's "windowing" approach and create distinct value propositions for retail and digital channels.July 3, 2001
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 4.Paychecks with a Purpose
- 5.Role Model Behavior
- 6.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 7.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 8.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 9.Bran Ferren on the Art of Innovation
- 10.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread