Multinationals are shifting their R&D focus from cost savings to knowledge-based research.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- The entire history of management ideas can be seen as a series of answers to a few pragmatic queries.
- Economist Max Roser is compiling an archive of global improvement.
- The eminent — and controversial — economist offers a set of cures for the ills of global poverty. It’s not clear the medicine works.
- Developing countries need national strategies to protect their digital assets and bolster their economic growth.
- A high-profile Silicon Valley sex discrimination trial hinged in part on a thorny question: What is thought leadership?
- When companies “share the shelf,” everyone wins.
- Business leaders in at least 16 sectors are still not fully prepared for the digital transformation of their industries.
- As we get older, deciding to pursue our dreams becomes more difficult — but it’s never too late to do something that’s important to the world.
- The most profitable global company in the cement industry expanded from Mexico by building world-class capabilities.
- Emerging economies are poised to attract tourism’s most lucrative niche market.
- Economic historian Barry Eichengreen finds telling parallels between the botched responses to the stock market crash of 1929 and the financial crisis of 2008.
- Ingrained perceptions and assumptions can do significant damage if we don’t take action.
- In this turbulent energy environment, only a few companies will be focused enough to win.
- A world-class restaurant opens a pop-up location 5,000 miles away, all in the name of shaking things up.
- Preparing for the inevitable interactions between global forces can help you stay ahead of the competition.
- Stability, resilience, and relationships are the keys to thriving amid geopolitical crises.
- Embracing differences — our own and others’ — can create a culture of inclusion.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.A New Perspective on Chief Information Officers
- 2.Grow from Your Strengths
- 3.Jeffrey Pfeffer’s Required Reading
- 4.How Adidas Found Its Second Wind
- 5.Put the Humanity Back in Human Resources
- 6.Currency Events
- 7.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 8.Lotte Bailyn Is Redefining the Rules of Work and Family
- 9.Thinking Like a Leader: Three Big Shifts
- 10.10 Principles of Change Management