Starbucks undergoes a media makeover.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- PodcastFrom income inequality to gridlock, progress is coming from some unlikely sources.
- s+b BlogsThe circular economy starts with the first meal of the day.
- s+b BlogsThe attacks have changed business thinking and practice around disaster preparedness.
- s+b BlogsLiving off the grid, even for a few days, shines a stark light on just how many resources go to waste when moving through a day in the developed world.
- s+b BlogsAppealing to the cultural and economic specifics of a foreign market is the key to getting consumers to shop more frequently and spend more.
- A global study coauthored by NYU law professor Kenji Yoshino found a range of business benefits in promoting gender-identity rights.
- s+b BlogsLike manufacturing, American agriculture has near-record output, but employs far fewer people than it did decades ago.
- The managing director of BCCL, India’s foremost media conglomerate, continually reinvents the enterprise in the face of disruption.
- New investments in infrastructure by private asset managers are changing the way the world finances its cities, power systems, and transportation links.
- s+b BlogsExecutives who accumulate international know-how are no more likely than others to advance their career at multinational companies.
- s+b BlogsThe way CEOs think about workers’ pay is beginning to change.
- s+b BlogsManufacturing and service firms differ in their approach to domestic and international philanthropy.
- s+b BlogsPersonal preferences influence the way we process ambiguous information into financial certainty.
- What do feature phones, regional newspapers, and smartphones have in common? They’re all vehicles for the country’s remarkable move to digital broadband.
- s+b BlogsDespite obstacles and setbacks, companies are still globalizing at a furious pace.
- Three obstacles to extending the reach of the Web — and thereby reducing poverty in developing countries — can be fixed.
- A new survey identifies the top threats faced by company leaders.
- Global businesses are about to integrate their operations into a seamless digital whole, and thereby change the world.