Multinationals are shifting their R&D focus from cost savings to knowledge-based research.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- Analysts often discourage risky expansions into developing markets, but three distinct strategies have been associated with success.
- If you know your company’s progress up the levels of human evolution, you can help its culture advance to the next stage.
- Institutional and macroeconomic reforms alone won’t solve the Greek crisis.
- The entire history of management ideas can be seen as a series of answers to a few pragmatic queries.
- Economist Max Roser is compiling an archive of global improvement.
- The eminent — and controversial — economist offers a set of cures for the ills of global poverty. It’s not clear the medicine works.
- Developing countries need national strategies to protect their digital assets and bolster their economic growth.
- A high-profile Silicon Valley sex discrimination trial hinged in part on a thorny question: What is thought leadership?
- When companies “share the shelf,” everyone wins.
- Business leaders in at least 16 sectors are still not fully prepared for the digital transformation of their industries.
- As we get older, deciding to pursue our dreams becomes more difficult — but it’s never too late to do something that’s important to the world.
- The most profitable global company in the cement industry expanded from Mexico by building world-class capabilities.
- Emerging economies are poised to attract tourism’s most lucrative niche market.
- Economic historian Barry Eichengreen finds telling parallels between the botched responses to the stock market crash of 1929 and the financial crisis of 2008.
- Ingrained perceptions and assumptions can do significant damage if we don’t take action.
- In this turbulent energy environment, only a few companies will be focused enough to win.
- A world-class restaurant opens a pop-up location 5,000 miles away, all in the name of shaking things up.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.The Future of Management Is Teal
- 2.Stop Driving Away Your Producers
- 3.Leaps in Perspective
- 4.The Reclamation of Strategy
- 5.A Blueprint for Forays into Emerging Markets
- 6.Meritocracy without the Numbers
- 7.How Performance Reviews Pay Off
- 8.Aetna’s Frugal Healthcare Strategy
- 9.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 10.Kentaro Toyama on Why Technology Alone Won’t Change the World