The managing director of BCCL, India’s foremost media conglomerate, continually reinvents the enterprise in the face of disruption.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Marketing, Media & Sales
- In mature product categories, the top companies usually compete fiercely for one another’s customers. But they might be better off focusing on the fringe consumers who haven’t yet picked a side.
- Companies might want to rethink the storied model of charging less up front to get more down the line — especially as e-commerce offers consumers ever greater flexibility, information, and selection.
- Budgets for online video programming are growing, at the expense of television advertising.
- Remember the old adage that who you know matters as much as what you know?
- Four strategies that work in this dynamic new world.
- The firm’s CEO explains how the global agency is deploying its resources to connect effectively with clients and consumers across industry and geographic borders.
- What do feature phones, regional newspapers, and smartphones have in common? They’re all vehicles for the country’s remarkable move to digital broadband.
- Entertainment and media companies can tap into many pockets of growth and opportunity. Our intensive analysis of five shifts roiling the industry can help you identify them.
- In order to build engagement and loyalty in a climate of intense competition and distraction, media companies have to understand their customers, viewers, and readers as fans.
- If you could draft an all-star team of entertainment and media assets and capabilities, who would you pick?
- Why are we so interested in media about media?
- Delving into comprehensive data on the world’s entertainment and media industries yields sharp insights into a future of eroding borders, changing behavior, and opportunities for growth.
- The company’s top marketing executive describes the social network’s ambitious efforts to forge enduring and meaningful relationships — with employees, industry partners, and everyone else on Earth.
- Now is the time for advertising to start experimenting with technology that can create immersive brand experiences.
- In Small Data, Martin Lindstrom recounts his adventures in brand building.
- A new segmentation strategy can help sales teams identify their growth hot spots.
- Despite privacy concerns, businesses can benefit from including personalized information about potential customers in their email advertising appeals.
- The key to selling products to an ethnically diverse audience may not be as obvious as you think.
- Selectionnist.com has created a Web-based bridge between print magazines and online shopping.
- More companies — in a variety of industries — are acquiring digital agencies, reflecting the marriage of technology and marketing.