Technology and advanced analytics are breathing new life into an industry that had grown tired.
Marketing, Media & Sales
- s+b BlogsThe use of humor in job listings posted on the Internet can grab people’s attention, but it may turn them off to the actual job and company being advertised.
- Big Marketing Gets Personal
- s+b BlogsBeing recognized as an international brand is usually a decided competitive advantage. But some markets and certain consumers prefer local firms.
- When a product loses consumer appeal, it’s usually because the company’s support system has broken down.
- s+b BlogsCustomers who don’t hit the target to qualify for a reward are apt to hold it against the company and make fewer subsequent purchases.
- Instead of relying on points programs and clever marketing, companies have to listen carefully to customers and adapt products and services to their changing expectations.
- s+b BlogsStarbucks undergoes a media makeover.
- s+b BlogsBrilliant digital marketing will not compensate for a digitally disadvantaged business model.
- s+b BlogsEmployees who push innovative products have a tough job, but can be encouraged by managers who grasp their motivations to succeed.
- s+b BlogsTweets and other posts reveal that employees experience varying levels of stress throughout the workweek, and weekends aren’t necessarily a reprieve.
- s+b BlogsThe thriving streaming business faces some fundamental questions about its future.
- s+b BlogsIn mature product categories, the top companies usually compete fiercely for one another’s customers. But they might be better off focusing on the fringe consumers who haven’t yet picked a side.
- The managing director of BCCL, India’s foremost media conglomerate, continually reinvents the enterprise in the face of disruption.
- s+b BlogsCompanies might want to rethink the storied model of charging less up front to get more down the line — especially as e-commerce offers consumers ever greater flexibility, information, and selection.
- s+b BlogsCan a controversial dating site regain trust by rebranding itself?
- s+b BlogsBudgets for online video programming are growing, at the expense of television advertising.
- Digital LeadershipFormer NBC Universal CEO Bob Wright looks back on his two decades at GE — and forward to a post-broadcast, post-cable media world.
- s+b BlogsRemember the old adage that who you know matters as much as what you know?