Excess liquidity in the global financial markets turned a predictable plummet into a worldwide crash.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
s+b Blogs: Finance
- Careful planning for an independent future can maximize value when companies liberate assets.
- How private equity firms can unlock the M&A capabilities premium to win in a cutthroat market.
- New platforms linking investors and entrepreneurs could have a dramatic effect on the banking industry and on economic growth.
- It’s time for capitalism to find a higher purpose.
- If it expects to keep growing, the industry must adopt a digital mind-set.
- A call to arms for the digital executive.
- An interactive look at how the world’s most valuable emerging companies stack up.
- The new Fed chief’s appointment is a sweet victory for Fed insiders and fans of the dismal science—at least for now.
- The financial markets need a reminder that they are there to serve firms, not the other way around.
- Only in finance is money an end in itself—resulting in behavior that’s less than virtuous.
- Digitization will enhance the customer experience, and can save banks up to 30 percent.
- Inspired by Warren Buffett, a former Lehman analyst figures out that plain-speaking companies have higher performance.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser on the Next Industrial Revolution
- 2.In Search of Ingenuity
- 3.Creating a Strategy That Works
- 4.10 Principles of Change Management
- 5.A Strategist’s Guide to Blockchain
- 6.Why Distinctive Customer Targeting Is a Smart Strategy
- 7.Leave the Airlines Alone
- 8.One Bad Apple Spoils the Company
- 9.How to Grow into an Original Person
- 10.China’s Philosopher-CEO Zhang Ruimin