Medicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
s+b Blogs: Healthcare
- A somewhat radical proposal: all-inclusive treatment for a specific condition or procedure, at a preset price.
- As Medicare reimbursement rates continue to drop, three critical factors will separate the winners from the losers.
- Two broad themes will have the biggest impact on payors and providers: consumerization and the evolution of risk.
- Mobile technology is transforming the way that doctors and other providers deliver care.
- As the Affordable Care Act takes effect, health insurance companies will have to design and implement new healthcare models to keep up with the new consumer population.
- Looking to get up to speed on the far-reaching changes in the U.S. healthcare landscape? These resources will help.
- Recent deals suggest that geographic concentration is trumping the benefits of pure size.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.10 Principles of Change Management
- 2.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 3.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 4.Role Model Behavior
- 5.Bran Ferren on the Art of Innovation
- 6.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business
- 7.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 8.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 9.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread
- 10.Paychecks with a Purpose