As one McDonald’s location proves, investing in expensive equipment that substitutes for some labor is a proactive, productivity-enhancing measure.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
s+b Blogs: Innovation
- Startup nuTonomy thinks that the island nation is the place to make autonomous vehicles — in the form of driverless taxis — a reality.
- Blockbusters aren’t the only path to success. Other types of innovation hold value and keep companies humming.
- Can companies discover crucial competitive insight by working to solve social problems?
- Breakthroughs happen when organizations are set up to support them.
- Self-made billionaires offer powerful examples for established companies eager to reclaim industry leadership.
- A new survey examines trends in R&D spending.
- Forward thinking is more than a generic phrase. Here are specific tactics to help companies capitalize on future trends.
- Illustrations aren't just ornaments for smart articles. They convey meaning.
- How do we shape effective public policy in an age of rapid change?
- The health insurer is leading the way for the reformation of the U.S. healthcare system by saving consumers money and testing innovative ideas.
- The best R&D is kept separate from strategic planning, but is closely linked to strategy.
- Answer these 10 questions to focus your energy and resources this year.
- Here are 11 tips to encourage employees to build better ideas.
- Here are 15 ways to generate better ideas every day.
- Companies that rely on traditional project management methods could be getting an incomplete picture of their own vulnerabilities and opportunities.
- Find out before it’s too late if you’re recruiting a trailblazer or an imposter.
- To produce a climate of innovation that trickles down from the top, start by following this effective formula for leadership role modeling.
- To foster an environment of smart risk-taking, leaders should use guardrails, not handcuffs.
- French railway giant SNCF responded to the threat of low-priced upstarts by creating a lab to accelerate R&D and cut its cost.
- An animated look at the innovation battle between upstarts and the establishment.
- Strong new vehicle designs and pent-up demand are pushing sales volumes back up near historic highs, and reduced cost structures mean profitability is up too.
- Recent events have shown that companies are always vulnerable to internal and external attacks on their digital data. They need a holistic plan to protect themselves.
- A new interactive graphic shows which digital innovation tools are the most widely used—and how effective they actually are.
|Page 1 2||Next|