Marketers can use big data to improve their strategic efforts.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
s+b Blogs: Marketing, Media & Sales
- As growth in e-commerce slows, physical stores have an opportunity to attract customers to their doors.
- “Brand sacrifice” means companies, not consumers, feel the pain.
- To revive stagnant loyalty programs, companies should replace the routine granting of points with unpredictable, tangible rewards.
- Luxury tourism will not be the game-changer many retailers are hoping for.
- An animated look at Theodore Levitt’s theory of why concentrating on customers matters more than a focus on driving sales.
- Contrary to Econ 101, your optimal price should be based on a variety of factors.
- Getting and keeping the attention of the social media generation means making your brand all about them.
- The app markets are winning—it’s time to focus on working (and winning) within them.
- A new infographic tells the story of Facebook over the past decade, from college intranet to global sensation.
- What’s really happening with the 2.5 exabytes of data created every day.
- This visual snapshot shows social media’s central role in communication from 2008‒13.
- Big data is an invaluable source of insight, but companies with limited access to analytics can still find information to improve their business.
- What the Internet and focus groups can teach you about putting advanced analytics at the center of your business.
- Ad agencies should stay focused on what they do best—generating the next big idea.
- ESPN’s new formula for personal presence could show individuals and companies how to build brands that complement each other.
- A closer look reveals that some unstructured data lends itself to insightful analysis.
- What’s the right move when your famous pitchperson takes a public beating?
- A crucial first step in applying analytics is to decode the jargon.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.When You Get Caught Up in the Wrong Trend
- 4.Role Model Behavior
- 5.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread
- 6.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 7.Uncomfortable Truths Don’t Just Go Away
- 8.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 9.Why Pictures Are Worth a Thousand Words
- 10.Innovation’s New World Order