As digital becomes the new normal, a few generic strategies that can help you determine where and how to create value. Which one is best for your enterprise?
s+b Blogs: Strategy & Leadership
- Stretch yourself creatively as a leader by collecting “nuggets”: Short, accessible reminders of what you probably already know, but may have forgotten to put into practice.
- Technologies often spawn metaphors, which change over time and shape how we think about work.
- In 2016, the number of women appointed to CEO posts at large U.S. companies is up sharply from 2015.
- The failure of prognosticators to call the U.S. presidential election correctly should make us take another look at our own preconceived notions about big data and analytics. It takes human contact to predict an election.
- A punishing trek is a painful reminder to get your strategic fundamentals right.
- Target is the latest retailer to double down on mini versions of its stores — and hopes to avoid others’ pitfalls.
- To repair your company’s reputation, reflect on what it means to build trust.
- The essence of who you are as a leader is made up of both successes and setbacks.
- Practical strategies for pushing back in difficult situations.
- The attacks have changed business thinking and practice around disaster preparedness.
- A French ride-sharing company discovered six key elements needed to nurture user confidence, and its business.
- Disciplined probing keeps you and your team connected, curious, and learning.
- The high-end grocery company is using its newly formed 365 chain to experiment with new business practices.
- It shouldn’t be surprising that the storied food company brought in a healthcare executive as its next leader.
- Tuning into those nagging thoughts instead of pushing them away can help leaders ferret out possible trouble ahead.
- Leaders need to recognize the situations when staying the course could undermine a company’s values and long-term success.
- The Fort McMurray blazes test the limits of fundamental ideas in organizational crisis management.
- Inside every exceptional company are teams of people working across functions, year after year, doing things together they couldn’t do alone.
- My safari guides provided invaluable insights regarding teams, collaboration, and mission narrative.
- To pick the right priorities for your time, hone in on the things that allow you to deliver your best.
- Today’s rapidly changing technology environment often has boards scrambling to keep up. The best way to do so lies in recruiting more digital expertise while improving the quality of conversations.
- There’s a reason there are so few examples of large companies fundamentally altering their strategies on the fly — it’s extremely hard.
- Optimism and an eagerness to seize opportunities can be a far more useful source of executive inspiration than fear.
- What to do when you outgrow your target market — or vice versa.
|Page 1 2 3 4 5 6||Next|