Leaders who understand and pay attention to technology can make the difference between success and failure.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
s+b Blogs: Technology
- Remember the old adage that who you know matters as much as what you know?
- In his new book, Douglas Rushkoff reacts to rising inequality and the threat of automation by proposing a new social operating system that distributes wealth more equitably.
- If machines and robots are poised to displace humans in the office, why do so many people have jobs?
- With few businesses prepared for Industry 4.0, it’s time to hone your strategy for emerging technology.
- Contractors in the aerospace and defense sector can fend off aggressive activist investors by adopting a capabilities-driven approach.
- The beverage alcohol world is ripe for disruption, and distributors who are willing to navigate the industry’s hurdles will find opportunities for growth.
- This technology company almost died of financial hubris, but its behind-the-scenes resurrection proves there’s sometimes a fine line between winning and losing.
- Balancing the immediate desire for personalization with a need to understand more than our immediate environment might ultimately offer the deeper reward.
- Even after all these years, many companies have not yet figured out the transformational power of new technology.
- Leading companies know that the future depends on the capabilities, functions, channels, and insights they can tap by working with others.
- It’s time for companies and governments to take the steps that will lead to an evolution in analytics.
- Apple is buying the electronic company’s expertise in human-centered design, not its market share.
- This podcast explores how human we want robots to be—and how that affects everything from autonomous cars to warfare.
- Check out this new interactive graphic to see if your profession will soon become automated.
- Traditional offices are evolving in ways that affect where, when, and how we get our best ideas.
- A new set of tools and challenges is refining how we do our jobs.