The Stanford professor calls out four books that illuminate the often-dark paths to power.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- Attracting new employees and doing right by its current workforce aren’t the only factors that lead a company to adopt LGBT-friendly HR policies.
- The best leadership team contains both innovative producers and recognized performers. Unfortunately, many companies expect a single individual to fulfill both roles. For more related insights, listen to “What Makes Self-Made Billionaires Different.”
- The streamlining of corporate operations is usually executive-led, but engaging frontline employees is crucial to genuine reform.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Jeffrey Pfeffer’s Required Reading
- 2.A New Perspective on Chief Information Officers
- 3.Grow from Your Strengths
- 4.Lotte Bailyn Is Redefining the Rules of Work and Family
- 5.How Adidas Found Its Second Wind
- 6.Put the Humanity Back in Human Resources
- 7.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 8.Thinking Like a Leader: Three Big Shifts
- 9.10 Principles of Change Management
- 10.How Tech Clusters Form