More Consumer & retail
Archives by year:
- November 13, 2007Ads that trumpet, “We’re unique!” are meaningless if the stores say, “No, we’re not.”
- September 11, 2007Jack Stahl, a former chief executive at Coca-Cola and Revlon, discusses how great leaders balance their broad strategic missions with constant attention to organizational detail.
- August 29, 2007How a supply chain transformation helped put the beloved toymaker back together again.
- August 29, 2007With “shelf-centered collaboration,” manufacturers and retailers can finally put the right product on the right shelf at the right time for the right consumer.
- August 29, 2007Strategies for targeting potential consumers in foreign markets.
- June 19, 2007Large retailers are beginning to see the beauty of a tinier world.
- May 29, 2007Service industries -- including financial services, health care, utilities, and telecom -- have access to vast consumer data, but lack the tools that most consumer goods companies use to understand customer behavior.
- April 17, 2007The most innovative companies see consumers for who they really are.
- March 6, 2007What the apparel industry has gained in scale and scope over the past few decades it has lost in agility and speed. A new kind of product segmentation keeps painful trade-offs to a minimum.
- February 28, 2007On product piracy, CEO celebrity, me-too brands, and more.
- February 28, 2007Superb service is the indispensable ingredient of successful high-end brands. Follow four principles to deliver customer satisfaction year after year.
- February 28, 2007A radically new marketing approach is required to reach Generation Y.
- January 30, 2007Everyone expects turbulence, but few people are watching the most significant pressures that will confront industry this year.
- January 2, 2007Forget the old rules for bringing products to market. Procter & Gamble is helping to write a new playbook.