More Consumer & retail
Archives by year:
- December 23, 2010Companies turn to women leaders in troubled times because of stereotypes about their ability to thrive during a crisis.
- November 23, 2010For consumer durables, environmental sustainability starts with discarding conventional wisdom.
- November 23, 2010When consumers are overwhelmed with options, marketers should give them what they really want: ways of shopping that lower the cognitive stress.
- November 5, 2010The Internet has indeed caused many small stores to close, because they are unable to compete with large Web retailers offering reduced prices and more convenience for shoppers.
- October 15, 2010Retailers are courting the next generation of aspirational buyers.
- October 8, 2010A study of the digital camera market in its nascent stage finds that firms look to prior experience when developing features that will appeal to customers unfamiliar with a new product.
- August 24, 2010Rather than seek increased revenues and profits by expanding products and markets, companies should follow a seven-step strategy for achieving more with less.
- August 24, 2010The thriving Internet shoe retailer has made its name and a lot of money by being eccentric.
- August 24, 2010
- August 24, 2010How a new view of consumers changed the way we think about products, companies, and economies.
- August 24, 2010Advertisements can subconsciously condition consumers to associate products with a certain feeling, which can affect the decision to buy.
- July 30, 2010Online advertisements that are both targeted and highly visible can have the counterproductive effect of turning off viewers by seeming too intrusive and not being sensitive to consumers’ privacy.
- July 26, 2010Consumers are becoming more suspicious of traditional branding. Here are five steps to regain their trust.
- May 25, 2010Business transformation is now a continuous process that most companies haven’t mastered. Here’s a formula for managing ongoing change.
- March 15, 2010Retailers must adapt to the enduring shift in U.S. consumer spending and behavior, according to a new Booz & Company survey of buying habits.
- February 23, 2010The cost incurred by a firm's marketing practices, once revealed by authorities, can extend far beyond the monetary amount of a fine.
- February 23, 2010A new survey reveals that for different types of products, consumers change brands in response to different marketing triggers.
- February 11, 2010Extended warranties are highly profitable for retailers, and a variety of factors influence whether a consumer will purchase one.