More Energy & sustainability
Archives by year:
- November 22, 2011A senior finance executive explains how a zero-based cost management effort is leading to significant performance improvements.
- November 22, 2011Increasing capacity per dollar in computer technology has driven exponential growth for 50 years. The same could happen in the energy industry.
- October 28, 2011Louis Carter, editor of Best Practices in Talent Management: How the World’s Leading Corporations Manage, Develop, and Retain Top Talent (coedited with Marshall Goldsmith), introduces a lesson on the best practices mind-set from The Responsible Business: Reimagining Sustainability and Success, by Carol Sanford.
- August 23, 2011The wind, solar, biomass, and geothermal sector has grown in fits and starts — and now may have the momentum to become a self-sustaining industry.
- July 29, 2011Forced sensitivity to environmental and ethical issues improves a company’s standing and competitiveness.
- May 24, 2011A review of Earth, Inc., by Gregory Unruh.
- May 24, 2011As the energy markets evolve, oil and gas majors should consider diversifying into power generation.
- April 11, 2011A hasty, large-scale movement away from nuclear power would not resolve most of the issues raised by the ongoing crisis in Japan. Instead, we need more thoughtful discussions now about the energy systems of the future.
- February 22, 2011Some executives and scientists are calling for a radical rethinking of chemicals, cars, farms, and our future.
- February 22, 2011His inventions from 50 years ago enabled cell phones, laptops, and flat-screen TVs. Now, at age 88, he’s aiming to make solar power cheaper than coal.
- February 22, 2011New research revealing a disparity between what shoppers say and what they do debunks the myth of the ethical consumer.