Natarajan Chandrasekaran, chair of Tata Sons, sets a strategic course for the 21st century.
- But recruiting talent from beyond the European Union may be a solution.
- InteractiveThey’re outdated, inaccurate, misleading, or simply eye-roll inducing. For more insight, read “How the Right Business Language Can Catalyze Change.”
- s+b BlogsLeaders need to use great care when choosing the words that shape companies, industries, and societies. See also “Banish These Words from the Business Lexicon.”
- s+b BlogsThe entrepreneurial credo at the heart of Stewart Brand’s underground publication has shaped our world.
- Typical crisis planning focuses on specific potential shocks. But how do you prepare for an unforeseen “asymmetric” threat — one that comes out of nowhere, with no rule book to follow?
- GMOBrazilian media and private equity leader Eduardo Sirotsky Melzer has a message for high-tech, middle-market companies in emerging economies: This could be their moment.
- s+b BlogsContentious pipeline projects all over the world offer examples of how complex problems require complicated solutions.
- s+b BlogsFor recent grads and seasoned executives alike, on-the-ground experience in foreign locales can help you bridge your global skills gap and increase your ability to innovate.
- GMOJim Clifton, chief executive of Gallup Inc., has a robust theory about entrepreneurialism and economic recovery.
- s+b BlogsWorking with diverse others doesn’t have to mean compromising your values. But if you just can’t do it, there are other ways to solve difficult problems. See also “Four Ways to Deal with Problematic Situations.”
- GMOThe interlinked platforms that make up Industry 4.0 represent a new kind of challenge for manufacturers and other technology-intensive companies. With four key business ecosystems, they can make this new world their own.
- A new book argues that the global financial crisis that began in 2008 would have been much worse without American financial innovation.
- s+b BlogsDisagreement can make solutions to our most difficult problems hard to see. But with practical tools and a shift in mind-set, diverse groups can create new realities.
- s+b BlogsIn recent years, a host of legal changes have afforded more protection for people who call out wrongdoing in their organizations.
- s+b BlogsWith roughly equal numbers of open jobs and unemployed people, companies are scrapping their talent plans and looking for workers wherever they can find them.
- s+b BlogsEmployees often take a pay cut to participate in CSR programs, but many do so to gain career skills.
- Business and government should regard the rules as an operating system: a platform, updated collaboratively, that encourages innovation and the common good.