Contentious pipeline projects all over the world offer examples of how complex problems require complicated solutions.
- s+b BlogsWorking with diverse others doesn’t have to mean compromising your values. But if you just can’t do it, there are other ways to solve difficult problems. See also “Four Ways to Deal with Problematic Situations.”
- GMOThe interlinked platforms that make up Industry 4.0 represent a new kind of challenge for manufacturers and other technology-intensive companies. With four key business ecosystems, they can make this new world their own.
- A new book argues that the global financial crisis that began in 2008 would have been much worse without American financial innovation.
- s+b BlogsDisagreement can make solutions to our most difficult problems hard to see. But with practical tools and a shift in mind-set, diverse groups can create new realities.
- s+b BlogsIn recent years, a host of legal changes have afforded more protection for people who call out wrongdoing in their organizations.
- s+b BlogsWith roughly equal numbers of open jobs and unemployed people, companies are scrapping their talent plans and looking for workers wherever they can find them.
- s+b BlogsEmployees often take a pay cut to participate in CSR programs, but many do so to gain career skills.
- Business and government should regard the rules as an operating system: a platform, updated collaboratively, that encourages innovation and the common good.
- A conversation with Ian Bremmer about nationalism and populism, which will remain potent political forces — at least until some fundamental issues are addressed.
- s+b BlogsHigh-profile companies that frequently use consumer data are targets, and negative effects linger for years.
- GMOIn PwC’s annual survey of chief executives around the world, respondents voiced confidence about economic growth and greater interest in corporate responsibility.
- Three “stretch” strategies can help teams move forward when members can’t agree and don’t like or trust one another.
- s+b BlogsTowns in the U.S. are scrambling to attract Amazon’s second headquarters, but there are more effective ways to put people to work. Fill the vacant jobs in your area.
- Digital LeadershipThe chair of a foundation dedicated to safeguarding personal information online believes blockchain is the answer.
- GMOBernardo Vargas Gibsone, CEO of the Colombian utility and construction company ISA, sees opportunity emerging from turmoil.
- s+b BlogsWhat gravity models can teach us about possibilities for U.K. trade.
- A conversation with Ian Bremmer about what it will take for political and economic institutions to regain their credibility. Spoiler: It involves finding new models for solving global-scale problems.
- GMOA new global megaproject, unparalleled in scope and ambition, presents vast opportunities and risks for multinationals.