Archives by year:
- October 1, 1998Though more known for his legendary publicity stunts, Richard Branson has led Virgin Group to success with a singular, flamboyant style. Learn the secret of how he tackles the big bad wolves of many industries.
- October 1, 1998In the 1980's the goal of restructuring was to cut costs and create greater efficiencies. While companies benefited, the shareholder was often left out. Now the goal is to create value for stockholders. Here is how it can be done.
- July 1, 1998Acquisitions are all the rage, but when it comes to creating value, big is not always better. What matters is how a company's pieces work together.
- July 1, 1998To create a successful merger requires respecting each partner's differences. It also requires procedures for settling disputes and integrating workforces strategically.
- July 1, 1998What is the best way to move into a new market? If you do not have a first-in advantage, attack the one who does.
- July 1, 1998
- April 1, 1998To compete, companies are forming alliances as never before. But quantity does not equal quality. Succeeding in an alliance requires creating the right structures for the right situations.
- January 1, 1998The secret to excellence lies in doing many things well. It also requires staying focused on the goal even when tempted to do otherwise.