Archives by year:
- October 1, 2001Business-to-business e-commerce is fraught with peril for buyers and sellers alike. An exclusive survey of 1,800 e-Marketplaces shows what it takes to win.
- October 1, 2001Occasion-based segmentation online is the travel industry’s ticket to success.
- July 1, 2001Cisco. Sony. Palm. Contract manufacturers gave OEMs more supply chain headaches than solutions. What went wrong. What needs to be done.
- July 1, 2001E-tail intermediaries may do what Kozmo and Webvan could not.
- July 1, 2001The Harvard strategy guru errs when he says partnerships erode competitive advantage, the author contends. Instead, they are now central to business success.
- April 1, 2001The solution to more efficient supply networks lies not with “frictionless” technologies, but with shared objectives and insights across the extended enterprise. Call it “Federated Planning.”
- April 1, 2001Internet auctions create losers as well as winners. Game theory shows companies how to improve their chances.
- January 1, 2001Nissan Motor Company, President and Chief Operating Officer
- January 1, 2001In an exclusive excerpt from his next book, the eminent strategy guru takes flight against a sea of troubles — and still ends up with a ground delay. Who's to blame? Maybe you.
- January 1, 2001Once considered the domain of tacticians, operations now resides at the forefront of business strategy. Consider the saga of Web-based delivery services.
- January 1, 2001To grow a new fiber-optics business at Internet speed, the Canadian giant gave up manufacturing and turned its vendors into strategic partners.