It’s a case study in the “attacker’s advantage.”
s+b Blogs: Healthcare
- Legislation passed in 2015 is providing powerful incentives for the U.S. healthcare system to pursue value-based care.
- We must discard several misconceptions and reimagine how our society confronts this deadly, and expensive, disease.
- Medicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
- A somewhat radical proposal: all-inclusive treatment for a specific condition or procedure, at a preset price.
- As Medicare reimbursement rates continue to drop, three critical factors will separate the winners from the losers.
- Two broad themes will have the biggest impact on payors and providers: consumerization and the evolution of risk.
- Mobile technology is transforming the way that doctors and other providers deliver care.
- As the Affordable Care Act takes effect, health insurance companies will have to design and implement new healthcare models to keep up with the new consumer population.
- Looking to get up to speed on the far-reaching changes in the U.S. healthcare landscape? These resources will help.
- Recent deals suggest that geographic concentration is trumping the benefits of pure size.