s+b Blogs: Operations & Manufacturing
- The trend of manufacturers replacing human labor with machines isn’t restricted to the West.
- If U.S. manufacturers were willing and able to fill the many open positions, employment in that sector would come back naturally.
- Although fewer people are working at factories in America, output has been rising.
- Manufacturers should adopt the nimble strategy used by software firms: “sprint and scrum.”
- Manufacturers that take a positive view of product proliferation are better meeting the demands of their customers.
- Steve Capps’s award-winning article is an essential primer for anyone trying to understand manufacturing.