Companies are already designing robots to handle tasks that would be unthinkable for humans.
s+b Blogs: Technology
- People are using virtual assistants such as Siri and Alexa to do a lot of things, but making purchases isn’t really one of them. What will it take to make voice commerce take off?
- Your entire organization needs the right skills to make the most of the digital future and its emerging technologies — and that begins with your senior leaders.
- New surveys reveal a lack of confidence in cybersecurity, and how companies can respond.
- One of the largest commodity exchanges has started offering futures contracts on the cryptocurrency.
- Those who lead and advise companies on their digital transformation should rely more on imagination and less on experience.
- To have the right talent to thrive in the future, companies need to start categorizing and analyzing the skills present in their organization today.
- Space tourism and self-driving cars are exciting to ponder, but what about just making our current systems work better?
- Artificial intelligence may learn to track predispositions and personality traits, turning our inner personalities into a detectible second skin.
- While central banks puzzle about the lack of inflation, the e-commerce giant’s swift move to slash prices at Whole Foods shows how business is keeping prices down.
- Aligning technological investments with business goals and understanding how they affect real users helps ensure a greater return on investment.
- It’s too simplistic to view advances in automation as inspiring either sadness or euphoria.
- Banking’s greatest technological innovation offers timeless lessons in improving customer experience.
- There is something unique about building houses that inherently eschews efficiency and automation.
- A few key habits and attributes can help protect companies from ransomware — now and going forward.
- Facebook is hiring legions of people to monitor content, proving once again that, at least in the near future, computers need a human touch.
- When plotting strategy, leaders should worry less about solutions and more about identifying the precise problem they are trying to solve.
- Forget your worries about the factory floor. Machines are already decimating retail jobs.
- Autonomous buses seem like a natural solution to a school bus driver shortage, but parents would certainly disagree.
- As tasks such as ad placement are becoming automated, it’s obvious that machines will need to make a huge leap to discern context.
- Leaders of companies must make personal and financial commitments to trying new experiences.
- Robots are becoming chefs, and software is our new chauffeur, but their capacity for empathy leaves something to be desired.
- If machines and software are going to take over the jobs of humans, we may need them to fund our society.
- Technology can help, but the key is to focus on interdependence and a common language.
- Technology and the Internet of Things are eroding the boundaries that have long classified businesses. Here’s how to change your company’s approach.
|Page 1 2||Next|