To Harvard professor Clayton Christensen, coauthor of How Will You Measure Your Life?, a primary task of leadership is asking questions that anticipate great challenges.
- Jeff Thull, author of Mastering the Complex Sale: How to Compete and Win When the Stakes Are High, introduces a passage that overturns negative stereotypes about sales from To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth about Moving Others, by Daniel H. Pink.March 1, 2013
- An innovative approach to managing product portfolios—the strong-form model—can help companies stay ahead of change.
- National efforts to expand international flows—of trade, capital, information, and people—can be a major leverage point for raising prosperity.
- When leaders substitute visions, missions, purposes, plans, or goals for the real work of strategy, they send their firms adrift.February 11, 2013 by Ken Favaro
- Booz & Company and strategy+business have introduced an online survey to explore the relationship between management theory, corporate identity, and high performance.
- Bigger and more independent boards help shield companies from distress.December 14, 2012
- The early stages of innovation can be challenging. But Booz & Company’s annual study of R&D spending reveals that successful innovators bring clarity to a process often described as fuzzy and vague.
- Small TalkNovember 27, 2012 by Sally Helgesen
- Context Is KingNovember 27, 2012 by Krisztina “Z” Holly
- Breakthroughs in pharmaceutical innovation are poised to change the prevailing business model of the industry — with dramatic effects on healthcare costs and practice.
- The former head of Alcoa Russia teaches executives that in international business practice, ethics and competitive advantage go hand in hand.November 27, 2012 by Ann Graham
- At Devon Energy, building the most critical capabilities requires a high-touch approach to human capital and the HR function.November 27, 2012 by Christopher Click
- Special coverage for data attacks is not enough — companies must also beef up internal protections and oversight.September 14, 2012
- Gernot Wagner, an economist with the Environmental Defense Fund, believes business will push for policy change.September 10, 2012 by Rob Norton
- Zachary Tumin and William Bratton, coauthors of Collaborate or Perish! Reaching across Boundaries in a Networked World, introduce an excerpt about how managers can become collaboration catalysts from The Collaboration Imperative: Executive Strategies for Unlocking Your Organization’s True Potential, by Ron Ricci and Carl Wiese.September 3, 2012
- A review of Hannibal and Me, by Andreas Kluth.August 28, 2012 by David K. Hurst
- The coauthor of TouchPoints and former CEO of Campbell Soup Company explains how executives build their company’s capabilities by connecting with people more effectively.August 28, 2012 by Art Kleiner
- James O’Toole, author of more than a dozen leadership and management books, and coeditor of Good Business: Exercising Effective and Ethical Leadership, introduces an excerpt from The End of Leadership, by Barbara Kellerman, that takes the leadership industry to task.June 29, 2012
- Focusing on job issues can cut sick leave for troubled employees.June 8, 2012
- Leaders can learn a lot from the late Apple CEO, but not all of it should be emulated.May 29, 2012 by Jon Katzenbach
- Analysis of informal networks offers a potent leadership model for the C-suite: Make top teams the hub of the enterprise, and watch performance improve.
- A review of Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman.May 29, 2012 by Clive Crook
- Ann Rhoades, author of Built on Values: Creating an Enviable Culture That Outperforms the Competition, introduces a lesson in attaining the full potential of employees from All In: How the Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results, by Adrian Gostick and Chester Elton.April 27, 2012
- What is the right number of direct reports for any incoming C-level executive? A new diagnostic tool can provide the answer, based on each leader’s situation and strategy.April 9, 2012 by Gary L. Neilson
All articles tagged: leaders
|< Prev||Page … 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 …||Next >|
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Leslie H. Moeller, Nicholas Hodson, and Martina Sangin
- by Theodore Kinni
- by Khalil Smith