In a complicated retail landscape, it is critical for retailers to understand what shoppers are thinking.
- Steady ProgressNovember 7, 2017 by Catharine P. Taylor
- A long-wave theory of technological and economic change suggests the financial malaise that began in 2007 may be about to end.
- A small but growing number of retailers and restaurants are experimenting with selling their wares through unstaffed kiosks, often linked to apps and e-payment systems.August 15, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- How to capitalize on the boom in craft liquors.
- The $13.7 billion agreement may help both retailers overcome some of their biggest hurdles.June 16, 2017 by Michelle Gerdes
- As digital becomes the new normal, a few generic strategies that can help you determine where and how to create value. Which one is best for your enterprise?December 8, 2016 by John Sviokla
- Being recognized as an international brand is usually a decided competitive advantage. But some markets and certain consumers prefer local firms.October 20, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Target is the latest retailer to double down on mini versions of its stores — and hopes to avoid others’ pitfalls.October 18, 2016 by Michelle Gerdes
- Customers who don’t hit the target to qualify for a reward are apt to hold it against the company and make fewer subsequent purchases.October 13, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- Appealing to the cultural and economic specifics of a foreign market is the key to getting consumers to shop more frequently and spend more.August 11, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- The high-end grocery company is using its newly formed 365 chain to experiment with new business practices.July 29, 2016 by Michelle Gerdes
- The Internet is disrupting one of the world’s oldest professions: selling art.July 27, 2016 by Shellie Karabell
- Companies might want to rethink the storied model of charging less up front to get more down the line — especially as e-commerce offers consumers ever greater flexibility, information, and selection.July 21, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- It shouldn’t be surprising that the storied food company brought in a healthcare executive as its next leader.June 29, 2016 by Michelle Gerdes
- Self-made billionaires offer powerful examples for established companies eager to reclaim industry leadership.June 22, 2016 by John Sviokla
- Use your purchasing power for good.September 9, 2015 by Susan Cramm
All articles tagged: consumer trends