For Antonio Huertas Mejías, chief executive officer of the MAPFRE insurance company, economic growth aligns with making a sustainable contribution to the wider community.
- Despite the continent's governance challenges, Standard Bank CEO Sim Tshabalala says Africa is open for business and ready to take advantage of rapid digitization.December 12, 2018 by Suvarchala Narayanan
- Three new kinds of capital give companies a new source of leverage and power.
- Subscription models can bring a steady revenue stream for companies that understand the customer life cycle.July 9, 2018 by Dutta Satadip
- With tax rules changing and interest rates set to rise globally, companies need to organize their operations around a new value equation.June 27, 2018 by Liz Sweigart
- When you know the probabilities of future events, including your own processes, you can hedge their risks in more strategic ways.May 9, 2018 by John Sviokla
- History professor Jerry Muller reminds us that not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. See also “Summer Reading: 8 Business Books – in Pictures”April 23, 2018 by Theodore Kinni
- Businesses need to develop their behavior, cognitive, and network capital so they can create and capture value that competitors can’t erode.
- Carnegie Mellon professor Taya Cohen explains the connection between moral character and workplace performance.January 29, 2018 by Laura W. Geller
- Demand sensing is a key element of a real-time, connected supply chain ecosystem and can kick-start digital transformation.
- Regardless of their job title, leaders need to be able to connect new technologies to strategy.
- To have the right talent to thrive in the future, companies need to start categorizing and analyzing the skills present in their organization today.October 31, 2017 by Jeff Hesse
- Investment in agricultural R&D is essential to feeding the world’s growing population.
- As the conceptual side of computer science becomes practical and relevant to business, companies must decide what type of AI role they should play.May 10, 2017 by Anand Rao
- INSEAD’s David Dubois on how companies and their customers communicate in the digital age.February 20, 2017 by Shellie Karabell
- During the next few years, says GE Digital’s leader, the Industrial Internet will turn every company into a digitally empowered enterprise.
- How the science of big data analytics can contribute to the art of producing movie and TV content.
- Until you grasp Turing’s theory of computability, Coase theorem of transaction costs, Bell’s law of computer classes, Baldwin and Clarke’s concept of modularity, and Nakamoto’s law of the distributed ledger, you’re not prepared to lead a digital company.November 23, 2016 by John Sviokla
- Technology and advanced analytics are breathing new life into an industry that had grown tired.November 15, 2016 by David Meer
- The Human FunctionOctober 31, 2016 by James Surowiecki
- Number crunching can be valuable for firms exploiting their existing resources, but can backfire for companies seeking to branch out with new products or services.July 7, 2016 by Matt Palmquist
- A global survey of business leaders shows how the smartest companies develop and wield their technology strategy.
- Marketers can use big data to improve their strategic efforts.September 21, 2015 by Colin Strong
- Companies are using advanced data analytics to focus on a range of new business problems, and have found there are several keys to success in using big data. For more related insights, read “Overcoming Big Data’s Challenges.”August 5, 2015
- Balancing the immediate desire for personalization with a need to understand more than our immediate environment might ultimately offer the deeper reward.July 6, 2015 by Melanie Rodier
All articles tagged: data analytics
Elsewhere in s+b
- by Ulrich Störk, Nadia Kubis, and Art Kleiner
- by Jesse Sostrin
- by Miles Everson, John Sviokla, and Kelly Barnes