More Tech & innovation
Archives by year:
- October 1, 1997Technology is not neutral. At its best, it is an enabler that helps companies achieve their business goals -- if they use it correctly.
- October 1, 1997What is the purpose of a company's knowledge program? To improve at a rate faster than the competition.
- October 1, 1997
- July 1, 1997What Will Be: How the New World of Information Will Change Our Lives by Michael Dertouzos (336 pages, HarperCollins, 1997)
- April 1, 1997If Japan is to be a front-runner in the era of innovation it must demonstrate leadership in developing new industries and products. To do so requires managers to adopt a new "hands-on" approach and to take greater risks.
- April 1, 1997George Lucas’ Industrial Light and Magic is the nation’s premier special effects shop with credits that include Star Wars. Part of its phenomenal growth and success stems from the innovative management of its employees — most of whom don’t even know they’re being managed.
- January 1, 1997Few technologies have been so rapidly accepted as intranets. Effective at lowering costs and improving communications internally, they are playing key roles in customer support too. But they are also presenting fresh challenges, including how to apply the right amount of control to what is inherently a decentralized operation.
- January 1, 1997Second in a series.