More Thought leaders
Archives by year:
- June 12, 2020In his new book, historian Rutger Bregman argues that people are actually fundamentally good.
- May 20, 2020Chantelle Abdul grew Mojec International Holdings from a small family-owned business in Nigeria into an energy business that has helped modernize the country’s electricity market. Now, she’s thinking even bigger.
- April 28, 2020“Keep it simple” and “learn from nature” are positive mantras to live and work by.
- April 1, 2020Arthur Huang, CEO of Miniwiz, wants to build a circular economy by changing people’s minds about the value of trash.
- February 19, 2020John Riady, the CEO of Indonesia’s Lippo Karawaci, is a young business leader with an eye for the future of his company and his region.
- February 17, 2020Stephen A. Schwarzman discusses what it takes to think big — in business, deals, and philanthropy.
- January 15, 2020Roberto Martínez, CEO of PepsiCo Foods Mexico, is capitalizing on digital tools to better understand the needs of new consumers. And he’s not forgetting about the power of empathy.
- December 11, 2019The former Stanford president and current Alphabet chair distills leadership lessons from a long career in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- November 14, 2019Listening to your inner voice and understanding why you want to lead can help you become a better manager.
- October 16, 2019João Paulo Ferreira, CEO of Natura, Brazil’s largest cosmetics company, uses the secrets of the Amazon to fuel an ambitious, environmentally responsible expansion agenda.
- s+b BlogsOctober 9, 2019Understanding people’s tolerance for and approach to risk can help companies build teams and improve decision making.
- s+b BlogsOctober 3, 2019Former Tata Group director R. Gopalakrishnan, who's written a new book, says the best leaders focus on building both a better business and a better world.
- September 26, 2019Yale psychologist Laurie Santos delves into the social sciences to understand how people can overcome the internal obstacles and biases that prevent them from living their best life — and how leaders can set an example.
- August 21, 2019Steelcase CEO Jim Keane explains how giving people work-space choices can make workplace behavior more human.
- August 14, 2019Paul Polman, former chief executive of Unilever, explains why partnerships among government, civil society, and business are urgently needed.
- August 7, 2019How Beth Mooney, CEO of KeyCorp and chair of the Cleveland Clinic, earns trust in banking and healthcare.
- July 24, 2019How Peter Amangbo, outgoing group managing director and CEO of Zenith Bank, positioned it to win the 30 percent of Nigerians who don’t have bank accounts.
- July 16, 2019In his new book, the renowned business thinker and philosopher passes on his experiences of life, work, and how not to fall into the management trap.