More Thought leaders
Archives by year:
- December 13, 2010Charlie Feld, the former CIO of Frito-Lay and a pioneer in his field, explains how IT can play a key role in developing corporate strategy.
- November 15, 2010Francois Nader, CEO of NPS Pharmaceuticals, describes how a new model for biotech brought his company back from the brink.
- October 18, 2010The CEO of HCL Technologies describes how he focused his company on growth by engaging staff in unprecedented ways.
- September 13, 2010As director of human resources (and CEO of a prominent subsidiary), Santrupt Misra oversees the Aditya Birla Group’s strategy for cultural change as it steps out onto the world stage.
- August 24, 2010GM’s former head of R&D has a bold vision of how the automobile will evolve in the cities of the 21st century.
- August 24, 2010Scientist and scholar Raghunath Mashelkar explains a new model of innovation from India that benefits the world’s poor.
- August 9, 2010For Girish Paranjpe, co-CEO of India’s Wipro Technologies, the best response to economic crisis was reinvestment: in people, green technology, and expansion.
- August 9, 2010In interviews conducted before his untimely death, C.K. Prahalad — the sage of core competencies and the bottom of the pyramid — looked back on his career and talked about the way ideas evolve.
- July 26, 2010Mark Anderson, the high-tech industry’s most accurate prognosticator, foresees an economic landscape still under the stress of too much liquidity — and decision makers still in denial.
- July 12, 2010Bruce Usher, the former CEO of EcoSecurities, describes China’s path to leadership in renewable energy.
- May 10, 2010INSEAD’s expert on leadership development clarifies how self-awareness can break the destructive pattern of corporate narcissism.
- March 15, 2010Managing author Henry Mintzberg believes that to improve business schools, we must first understand the essence of what managers do.
- March 1, 2010For The Innovator’s Prescription coauthor Jason Hwang, the real solution to health-care costs lies in the business models that incumbent companies have not yet embraced — but can no longer ignore.
- February 23, 2010MIT’s theorist of productivity draws a link between innovation in management practice and ongoing prosperity.
- February 3, 2010William Fung, the head of an old and very large Hong Kong trading company, on making and selling products in a vastly altered global landscape.
- January 4, 2010To economist W. Brian Arthur, the value of innovation depends on harnessing the natural progression of shared knowledge.