More World view
Archives by year:
- October 1, 1996In Taiwan, where business anonymity is the cultural norm, Stan Shih stands out.
- October 1, 1996
- July 1, 1996
- July 1, 1996Mochtar Riady, the son of immigrant shopkeepers, got his start in banking in 1960. Now he heads a global financial powerhouse with $11 billion in assets. The secret? Putting everything into allegiances and alliances to gain a foothold on the world stage.
- July 1, 1996Negotiating Competitiveness: Employment Relations and Organizational Innovation in Germany and the United States by Kirsten S. Wever (236 pages, Harvard Business School Press, 1995)
- April 1, 1996
Whither Germany? Whither Europe? A Conversation With Prof. Norbert Walter, Chief Economist Deutsche Bank GroupA Conversation With Prof. Norbert Walter, Chief Economist Deutsche Bank Group
- April 1, 1996
"The Confidence Game: How Unelected Central Bankers Are Governing the Changed World Economy" by Steven SolomonThe Confidence Game: How Unelected Central Bankers Are Governing the Changed World Economy by Steven Solomon (606 pages, Simon & Schuster, 1995)
- January 1, 1996
- January 1, 1996The first wave of re-engineering emphasized cost. The next wave focuses on eliminating unnecessary expense while improving quality, speed and service.
- January 1, 1996Economic models are now forecasting a period of strong global growth. Economists ask whether the need for capital will raise interest rates, bringing growth to a halt.
- January 1, 1996The Knowledge-Creating Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation by Ikujiro Nonaka and Hirotaka Takeuchi (284 pages, Oxford University Press, 1995)