Don’t assume the new entrant in your market is a disruption. Learn to recognize different types of threats and design the best strategic response.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- People don’t crave the latest fitness wearable. Their overwhelming preference is for simple applications that provide and organize information.
- Self-made billionaires offer powerful examples for established companies eager to reclaim industry leadership.
- Why are we so interested in media about media?
- Companies might want to rethink the storied model of charging less up front to get more down the line — especially as e-commerce offers consumers ever greater flexibility, information, and selection.
- Executives who accumulate international know-how are no more likely than others to advance their career at multinational companies.
- Can a controversial dating site regain trust by rebranding itself?
- A Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur whose ideas inspired the lean startup movement shares some of his favorite books.
This video shows how connecting the world and bringing its entire population online will reduce poverty and provide opportunities for the world's poorest inhabitants.