Having applied the logic of physics to predict the life expectancy of biological creatures and cities, Geoffrey West is now searching for the scientific principles that dictate the life spans of companies.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- To serve online shoppers effectively, companies need to make complex trade-offs among speed, variety, and convenience.
- In his new book, Stephen Witt offers a compelling tale of how music industry executives, technologists, and pirates upended the business of selling recorded music.
- In their new book, Nobel Prize–winning economists George Akerlof and Robert Shiller argue that free markets can allow unethical business practices to thrive.
- In his new book, Wall Street Journal veteran Greg Ip makes the counterintuitive argument that the preventive efforts that makes us safe can encourage dangerous risk taking.
- s+b 20 YearsIllustrations aren't just ornaments for smart articles. They convey meaning.
- Women executives often get taken to task unfairly for making personal and career choices.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.10 Principles of Change Management
- 2.Paychecks with a Purpose
- 3.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 4.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 5.The Fortune 500 Teller
- 6.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 7.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 8.Best Business Books 2015
- 9.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 10.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread