New investments in infrastructure by private asset managers are changing the way the world finances its cities, power systems, and transportation links.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- Don’t assume the new entrant in your market is a disruption. Learn to recognize different types of threats and design the best strategic response.
- People don’t crave the latest fitness wearable. Their overwhelming preference is for simple applications that provide and organize information.
- Self-made billionaires offer powerful examples for established companies eager to reclaim industry leadership.
- Although fewer people are working at factories in America, output has been rising.
- A Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur whose ideas inspired the lean startup movement shares some of his favorite books.
- Startup nuTonomy thinks that the island nation is the place to make autonomous vehicles — in the form of driverless taxis — a reality.
- Beyond individual talent, prospects should be evaluated on their ability to be good teammates.
This video shows how connecting the world and bringing its entire population online will reduce poverty and provide opportunities for the world's poorest inhabitants.