Utilities seeking to expand must be able to negotiate regulatory complexity while planning and executing deals effectively.
- s+b BlogsHiring people is often a last resort, even when an industry is growing.
- s+b BlogsEconomic narratives can change rapidly.
- Trends spotted by Strategy& suggest that companies in any industry can gain prominence by choosing the right approach.
- Global businesses are about to integrate their operations into a seamless digital whole, and thereby change the world.
- s+b BlogsCompanies and governments grappling with falling oil and gas prices are learning a difficult lesson about procyclicality.
- s+b BlogsWhy we shouldn’t expect the price of air travel to fall just because jet fuel is cheaper.
- s+b BlogsEconomic analysts who argue that cheap fuel isn’t helping the economy are looking in the wrong place.
- s+b BlogsCareful planning for an independent future can maximize value when companies liberate assets.
- The way we create, use, and manage electricity is finally changing, and the implications go far beyond the utility sector.
- s+b BlogsThis technology company almost died of financial hubris, but its behind-the-scenes resurrection proves there’s sometimes a fine line between winning and losing.
- s+b BlogsDeveloping countries need national strategies to protect their digital assets and bolster their economic growth.
- Addressing climate change with a sense of urgency isn’t a matter of morality, two economists argue. It’s about managing risk.
- Oil-field services companies, which invent the technologies used to drill for oil and gas, have reaped the rewards of an intense focus on innovation.
- s+b BlogsIn this turbulent energy environment, only a few companies will be focused enough to win.
- The benefits of the glut are being distributed unevenly.
- The modernized grid should revolutionize the way electricity is distributed and used, but its potential hasn’t yet been realized.
- s+b BlogsAccording to a new study, the solar industry is slowly stabilizing.