Following these five steps can help established companies update their business models for a new era.
- Interactive, GMOBringing digital prowess and sustainable practices together should be at the forefront of strategic thinking for any business. For further insights, read “Digital Technology and Sustainability: Positive Mutual Reinforcement.”
- GMOGet the balance right between these two concepts, and your business can thrive. For more insight, see “How to Balance Digital Expertise and Sustainability.”
- Video, GMOThe power landscape is changing quickly, providing new opportunities for both upstarts and traditional utilities.
- s+b BlogsThe future of agriculture could be small farms, closer to consumers, that use technology to grow food more efficiently.
- GMOToday’s CEO creates opportunity through innovation and customer awareness. Strong cultural values come from the top.
- GMOBernardo Vargas Gibsone, CEO of the Colombian utility and construction company ISA, sees opportunity emerging from turmoil.
- SlideshowMyanmar’s emergence on the global stage will not follow the same trajectory as other frontier nations. For further insights, read “Myanmar’s Halting Economic Steps onto the Global Stage.”
- Thanks to automation and reshoring, being a frontier nation is even harder than it used to be. See also “Myanmar’s Challenging Pathway to Growth – in Pictures.”
- s+b BlogsRegardless of their job title, leaders need to be able to connect new technologies to strategy.
- s+b BlogsThe closing of an energy hedge fund shows unique difficulties market veterans face when forecasting.
- Utilities seeking to expand must be able to negotiate regulatory complexity while planning and executing deals effectively.
- s+b BlogsHiring people is often a last resort, even when an industry is growing.
- s+b BlogsExperts often fail to recognize when the growth rates of products or industries are about to kick into a much higher gear.
- s+b BlogsEconomic narratives can change rapidly.
- Trends spotted by Strategy& suggest that companies in any industry can gain prominence by choosing the right approach.
- Global businesses are about to integrate their operations into a seamless digital whole, and thereby change the world.
- s+b BlogsCompanies and governments grappling with falling oil and gas prices are learning a difficult lesson about procyclicality.