To pick the right priorities for your time, hone in on the things that allow you to deliver your best.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- On the world’s most diverse continent, companies need a deep understanding of local context.
- Why companies need directors with technological expertise.
- Are women hindered in advancing up the career ladder because they don’t articulate their desire and expectations for promotion?
- The distributed ledger technology that started with bitcoin is rapidly becoming a crowdsourced system for all types of verification. Could it replace notary publics, manual vote recounts, and the way banks manage transactions?
- The president of the Rockefeller Foundation discusses the best books for understanding and nurturing organizational resilience.
- Large U.S. firms react to competition from high-quality foreign importers by investing more in their own R&D efforts and producing more patents.
In this episode of Strategy&’s Mergercast podcast, Larry Jones and Joe Duerr, leading practitioners in the strategic value consulting group of the PwC U.S. deals practice, discuss how companies can best utilize their most potent weapon against shareholder activists: insider knowledge.