SVB CEO Greg Becker on where and how the next big tech innovations will emerge.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- New investments in infrastructure by private asset managers are changing the way the world finances its cities, power systems, and transportation links.
- Don’t assume the new entrant in your market is a disruption. Learn to recognize different types of threats and design the best strategic response.
- People don’t crave the latest fitness wearable. Their overwhelming preference is for simple applications that provide and organize information.
- The high-end grocery company is using its newly formed 365 chain to experiment with new business practices.
- The Internet is disrupting one of the world’s oldest professions: selling art.
- A large proportion of shareholder proposals contested by firms receive support from other investors when put to a vote.
- Although fewer people are working at factories in America, output has been rising.
This video shows how connecting the world and bringing its entire population online will reduce poverty and provide opportunities for the world's poorest inhabitants.