Platforms like Apple Pay and Google Wallet will need to ensure a seamless and secure experience for merchants and consumers.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- How private equity firms can unlock the M&A capabilities premium to win in a cutthroat market.
- This technology company almost died of financial hubris, but its behind-the-scenes resurrection proves there’s sometimes a fine line between winning and losing.
- Since its introduction in 2008, bitcoin has enjoyed a rapid and tumultuous rise. Is the digital currency built to last?
- In his new book, marketing guru Philip Kotler identifies debt-supported consumer spending as a flaw of capitalism — along with 13 other shortcomings.
- Economist Max Roser is compiling an archive of global improvement.
- Developing countries need national strategies to protect their digital assets and bolster their economic growth.
- Courting investors with expertise in foreign markets can provide companies with a crucial, but often overlooked, advantage in pulling off international M&A deals.
- Seven strategies for managing the unique challenges of large technology acquisitions.
- New platforms linking investors and entrepreneurs could have a dramatic effect on the banking industry and on economic growth.
- For today’s financial leader, decisions are based on strategy, not spreadsheets.
- The loss in stock value and trading volume for companies targeted by phishing scams proves that firms have plenty to lose from these high-tech attacks.
- Vacations taken by CEOs provide an unlikely, but highly reliable, way to approximate a firm’s corporate activity and anticipate its stock returns.
- Young firms seeking outside funding can attract investors by acknowledging they have room for improvement, while also playing up their strengths.
- All Things Being Unequal
- Revenues go up, but so do costs — and even with overhead cuts, company leaders don’t see the expected benefits of scale.
- Economist Russ Roberts explores Adam Smith’s The Theory of Moral Sentiments, a 255- year-old guide to the good life.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Consistency Drives Success at Telus
- 2.Just Say No
- 3.The Audacity of Holacracy
- 4.Mix and Deliver: The Next Step for Drinks Apps?
- 5.Put the Humanity Back in Human Resources
- 6.The Decline of the COO
- 7.The How and When of Getting Back to Work
- 8.The Search for an Oracle
- 9.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 10.Grow from Your Strengths