Lasting confidence in a company is built one customer interaction at a time.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Organizations & People
- s+b BlogsThe robots are nowhere near ready to take over crucial logistics and customer-service functions.
- An MIT professor explores the powerful effects of open communication within a company.
- The most successful leaders are highly aware of their colleagues’ pace and sense of urgency — and continually adapt to them.
- s+b BlogsTools for successful leaders to identify and tear down hidden barriers that prevent their team from reaching full potential.
- s+b BlogsAn executive’s character traits are linked to certain patterns in a firm’s investments, strategy decisions, and overall performance, a new study finds.
- s+b BlogsEmployees who push innovative products have a tough job, but can be encouraged by managers who grasp their motivations to succeed.
- s+b BlogsThe essence of who you are as a leader is made up of both successes and setbacks.
- s+b BlogsTweets and other posts reveal that employees experience varying levels of stress throughout the workweek, and weekends aren’t necessarily a reprieve.
- s+b BlogsAn expert on teaming from Harvard Business School shares three books for leaders who want to encourage collaboration in their organizations.
- s+b BlogsPractical strategies for pushing back in difficult situations.
- How members of the Gulf Cooperation Council can diversify their economies.
- s+b BlogsIf U.S. manufacturers were willing and able to fill the many open positions, employment in that sector would come back naturally.
- s+b BlogsWhat you need to learn before you start studying management.
- s+b BlogsDisciplined probing keeps you and your team connected, curious, and learning.
- s+b BlogsThe rise of Web 2.0 platforms and social media programs has the potential to enhance the way colleagues collaborate, but old work habits die hard.
- s+b BlogsWith a few changes, any company can increase the speed and effectiveness of its teams.
- s+b BlogsThe recent U.S. employment report shows that, increasingly, jobs are plentiful while workers are scarce.
- s+b BlogsOfficial job descriptions don’t include the most valuable contributions you make or the complicated challenges you face.
- A global study coauthored by NYU law professor Kenji Yoshino found a range of business benefits in promoting gender-identity rights.
- s+b BlogsSuccess often depends upon transcending your expertise to grasp a larger mission.