Large enterprises that operate both as a single entity and a business portfolio get the best of both worlds.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Strategy & Leadership
- A new book shows why the qualities we reward in our leaders can actually undermine a company’s performance.
- Women executives often get taken to task unfairly for making personal and career choices.
- A career is fine, but it’s not as important as a calling.
- s+b 20 YearsWhy we read business books, and why we write them.
- Look for the overlooked skill sets and expertise pools in your organization.
- s+b 20 YearsThe case for real case studies.
- C-suite executives with criminal records in their personal lives are more likely to commit fraud than their law-abiding but free-spending counterparts.
- Putting people at the heart of your business strategy is the way to start reshaping a heartless system.
- s+b 20 YearsStarting a quarterly magazine dealing with the biggest ideas means working hard on the ability to see into the future.
- What a Character!
- Leading by Biographical Example
- The Search for Innovation
- An Expensive Breakdown in Communications
- The world is getting more dynamic and complex, not less, so leaders must learn how to surmount new challenges.
- A celebrated proprietor of R&D ateliers explains how companies can cultivate the rare people who create miracles.
- With these 10 principles for rethinking cost management, you can maximize value and avoid threats from Wall Street.
- Management guru Rosabeth Moss Kanter urges the private sector to invest in the U.S. transportation system.
- Eli Goldratt’s theory of constraints can help leaders better pace and sequence change management programs.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.10 Principles of Change Management
- 2.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 3.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 4.Role Model Behavior
- 5.Bran Ferren on the Art of Innovation
- 6.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business
- 7.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 8.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 9.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 10.Paychecks with a Purpose