Platforms like Apple Pay and Google Wallet will need to ensure a seamless and secure experience for merchants and consumers.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- Contractors in the aerospace and defense sector can fend off aggressive activist investors by adopting a capabilities-driven approach.
- The beverage alcohol world is ripe for disruption, and distributors who are willing to navigate the industry’s hurdles will find opportunities for growth.
- This technology company almost died of financial hubris, but its behind-the-scenes resurrection proves there’s sometimes a fine line between winning and losing.
- As growth in e-commerce slows, physical stores have an opportunity to attract customers to their doors.
- Balancing the immediate desire for personalization with a need to understand more than our immediate environment might ultimately offer the deeper reward.
- Winning strategies start with a big idea.
- Developing countries need national strategies to protect their digital assets and bolster their economic growth.
- Seven strategies for managing the unique challenges of large technology acquisitions.
- Five ways automakers can design for safety and profitability.
- Your next innovation breakthrough probably won’t come from social media.
- More companies are seeking greater control of their value chain — but they should do so with caution.
- Even after all these years, many companies have not yet figured out the transformational power of new technology.
- Business leaders in at least 16 sectors are still not fully prepared for the digital transformation of their industries.
- Many companies were caught unawares by the threat of online music piracy in the 1990s. But the lessons they learned then can teach them how to deal with new technological dangers.
- Know your customers, understand new technologies, embrace failure, then take a leap of faith.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Grow from Your Strengths
- 2.Jeffrey Pfeffer’s Required Reading
- 3.A New Perspective on Chief Information Officers
- 4.How Adidas Found Its Second Wind
- 5.Lotte Bailyn Is Redefining the Rules of Work and Family
- 6.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 7.Put the Humanity Back in Human Resources
- 8.Thinking Like a Leader: Three Big Shifts
- 9.The Future of Management Is Teal
- 10.10 Principles of Change Management