The way medicine is manufactured is about to be radically transformed.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- Email is still the king of office communications, but company-hosted social networking platforms are gaining in popularity, especially among younger workers.
- The Machine Age
- The fastest-growing marketing channel is the voice telephone — especially when it turns solving a problem into making a sale.
- As the demand for connected car features increases, automakers could see an increase in revenue as high 204 percent over the next five years.
- Marketers can use big data to improve their strategic efforts.
- The University of Michigan professor believes that to solve human problems, human skill is needed more urgently than ever before.
- The Canadian telecom giant transformed its business by adopting a clear, stable approach to strategy and culture.
- Contractors in the aerospace and defense sector can fend off aggressive activist investors by adopting a capabilities-driven approach.
- The only sustainable way to capture new opportunities is to remain true to what your company does best.
- Platforms like Apple Pay and Google Wallet will need to ensure a seamless and secure experience for merchants and consumers.
- The beverage alcohol world is ripe for disruption, and distributors who are willing to navigate the industry’s hurdles will find opportunities for growth.
- This technology company almost died of financial hubris, but its behind-the-scenes resurrection proves there’s sometimes a fine line between winning and losing.
- As growth in e-commerce slows, physical stores have an opportunity to attract customers to their doors.
- Balancing the immediate desire for personalization with a need to understand more than our immediate environment might ultimately offer the deeper reward.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.Uncomfortable Truths Don’t Just Go Away
- 4.Innovation’s New World Order
- 5.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 6.Role Model Behavior
- 7.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business
- 8.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 9.The Fortune 500 Teller
- 10.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread