In consumer packaged goods (CPG), shopper marketing — efforts to observe and influence consumers at the time of purchase — is one of the hottest and fastest-growing activities in advertising and promotions. Shopper marketing includes in-store shelf displays, digital kiosks, shopping list apps, e-coupons, and more, all of which generate digital data that marketers can use to further refine their pitches. In a recent Booz & Company survey of senior CPG executives, 83 percent of respondents said their companies plan to increase their investments in shopper marketing, and a majority (55 percent) ranked it as their number one investment, with plans to boost spending more than 5 percent per year, followed close behind by several forms of online media spending, while traditional, offline activities are in decline.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.Uncomfortable Truths Don’t Just Go Away
- 4.Innovation’s New World Order
- 5.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 6.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business
- 7.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 8.Role Model Behavior
- 9.Is Pharma Ready for the Future?
- 10.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office