An s+b Roundtable: Highly focused and diversified, this industrial company grows through acquisition, customer-facing innovation, and continuous improvement.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- The health insurer is leading the way for the reformation of the U.S. healthcare system by saving consumers money and testing innovative ideas.
- Revolutionary changes in the delivery, financing, and management of healthcare present a choice: Do you want to be a gold miner or a bartender?
- For Aetna’s CEO, the lauded move to raise employee wages is just part of a broader strategy to adapt to changes in healthcare.
- Medicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
- New entrants and established players are racing to create the next generation of medical products and services.
- Brian Wansink explains how to help employees make healthy choices in Slim by Design.
- This four-part approach can help outpatient clinics treat more patients with the same facility and staff.
- The emergence of new technologies could convince physicians and insurers that patient-specific healthcare is here to stay.
- A somewhat radical proposal: all-inclusive treatment for a specific condition or procedure, at a preset price.
- As Medicare reimbursement rates continue to drop, three critical factors will separate the winners from the losers.
- Two broad themes will have the biggest impact on payors and providers: consumerization and the evolution of risk.
- Mobile technology is transforming the way that doctors and other providers deliver care.
- To be effective, a government needs the same thing as a business: good management.
- A bundled approach to treatment offers higher quality, lower costs, and a better experience for patients.
- As the Affordable Care Act takes effect, health insurance companies will have to design and implement new healthcare models to keep up with the new consumer population.
- Looking to get up to speed on the far-reaching changes in the U.S. healthcare landscape? These resources will help.
- Recent deals suggest that geographic concentration is trumping the benefits of pure size.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser on the Next Industrial Revolution
- 2.Creating a Strategy That Works
- 3.10 Principles of Change Management
- 4.In Search of Ingenuity
- 5.China’s Philosopher-CEO Zhang Ruimin
- 6.How to Grow into an Original Person
- 7.The Haier Road to Growth
- 8.Why Distinctive Customer Targeting Is a Smart Strategy
- 9.Enterprise Architecture Planning 2.0
- 10.Why It Makes Sense for Managers to Go Slow to Go Fast