Organizations are moving forward along an evolutionary spectrum, toward self-management, wholeness, and a deeper sense of purpose.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- Medicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
- New entrants and established players are racing to create the next generation of medical products and services.
- Brian Wansink explains how to help employees make healthy choices in Slim by Design.
- This four-part approach can help outpatient clinics treat more patients with the same facility and staff.
- The emergence of new technologies could convince physicians and insurers that patient-specific healthcare is here to stay.
- A somewhat radical proposal: all-inclusive treatment for a specific condition or procedure, at a preset price.
- As Medicare reimbursement rates continue to drop, three critical factors will separate the winners from the losers.
- Two broad themes will have the biggest impact on payors and providers: consumerization and the evolution of risk.
- Mobile technology is transforming the way that doctors and other providers deliver care.
- To be effective, a government needs the same thing as a business: good management.
- A bundled approach to treatment offers higher quality, lower costs, and a better experience for patients.
- As the Affordable Care Act takes effect, health insurance companies will have to design and implement new healthcare models to keep up with the new consumer population.
- Looking to get up to speed on the far-reaching changes in the U.S. healthcare landscape? These resources will help.
- Recent deals suggest that geographic concentration is trumping the benefits of pure size.
- Emerging economies are becoming the industry's best hope for growth.
- The days of the disengaged health consumer are numbered. Consumerization will transform healthcare systems, involving individuals as never before in the management of their own care.
- Beyond the Rhetoric of Reform
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Jeffrey Pfeffer’s Required Reading
- 2.A New Perspective on Chief Information Officers
- 3.Grow from Your Strengths
- 4.Lotte Bailyn Is Redefining the Rules of Work and Family
- 5.How Adidas Found Its Second Wind
- 6.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 7.Put the Humanity Back in Human Resources
- 8.Thinking Like a Leader: Three Big Shifts
- 9.10 Principles of Change Management
- 10.How Tech Clusters Form