The robots are nowhere near ready to take over crucial logistics and customer-service functions.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- s+b BlogsWe must discard several misconceptions and reimagine how our society confronts this deadly, and expensive, disease.
- s+b BlogsWith manufacturing put into the hands of small firms and even consumers, traditional value chains may no longer be as advantageous.
- s+b BlogsBrilliant digital marketing will not compensate for a digitally disadvantaged business model.
- PodcastInnovation and superior performance aren’t just for Silicon Valley disruptors and global giants.
- Economist Kenneth Rogoff argues that getting rid of paper money will lead to a more secure economy and effective monetary policy.
- PodcastAs machines grow smarter and capture more of the value associated with work, how will people continue to keep busy and thrive?
- InteractiveUnderstanding your personal strength can help guide your career choices.
- s+b BlogsThe circular economy starts with the first meal of the day.
- If you hire this book, Clayton Christensen says you’ll be a better innovator.
- s+b BlogsAs one McDonald’s location proves, investing in expensive equipment that substitutes for some labor is a proactive, productivity-enhancing measure.
- s+b BlogsLiving off the grid, even for a few days, shines a stark light on just how many resources go to waste when moving through a day in the developed world.
- The time it takes for Chinese consumers to incorporate a new technology into their lives is ever-shrinking as smartphones and broadband make adaptation easier.
- s+b BlogsLike manufacturing, American agriculture has near-record output, but employs far fewer people than it did decades ago.
- Before the Internet, the telephone, and the telegraph, the U.S. Postal Service revolutionized communications.
- s+b BlogsThe Internet is disrupting one of the world’s oldest professions: selling art.
- s+b BlogsStartup nuTonomy thinks that the island nation is the place to make autonomous vehicles — in the form of driverless taxis — a reality.
- Digital LeadershipSVB CEO Greg Becker on where and how the next big tech innovations will emerge.
- Don’t assume the new entrant in your market is a disruption. Learn to recognize different types of threats and design the best strategic response.
- s+b BlogsBlockbusters aren’t the only path to success. Other types of innovation hold value and keep companies humming.