We must discard several misconceptions and reimagine how our society confronts this deadly, and expensive, disease.
- Robert Henkel, president and CEO of Ascension Health, the delivery subsidiary of Ascension, has helped lead the transformation of the nation’s largest Catholic healthcare system as it fulfills its mission in a changing healthcare environment.
- People don’t crave the latest fitness wearable. Their overwhelming preference is for simple applications that provide and organize information.
- Four strategies for creating value in life sciences.
- A comprehensive model shows how far-reaching trends in the massive industry will influence the growth of profit pools — and how payors and providers should respond.
- An s+b Roundtable: Highly focused and diversified, this industrial company grows through acquisition, customer-facing innovation, and continuous improvement.
- The way medicine is manufactured is about to be radically transformed.
- s+b BlogsThe health insurer is leading the way for the reformation of the U.S. healthcare system by saving consumers money and testing innovative ideas.
- Revolutionary changes in the delivery, financing, and management of healthcare present a choice: Do you want to be a gold miner or a bartender?
- Organizations are moving forward along an evolutionary spectrum, toward self-management, wholeness, and a deeper sense of purpose.
- For Aetna’s CEO, the lauded move to raise employee wages is just part of a broader strategy to adapt to changes in healthcare.
- s+b BlogsMedicare’s big announcement on payment models is an inflection point in the transition from volume to value.
- New entrants and established players are racing to create the next generation of medical products and services.
- s+b BlogsBrian Wansink explains how to help employees make healthy choices in Slim by Design.
- This four-part approach can help outpatient clinics treat more patients with the same facility and staff.
- The emergence of new technologies could convince physicians and insurers that patient-specific healthcare is here to stay.
- s+b BlogsA somewhat radical proposal: all-inclusive treatment for a specific condition or procedure, at a preset price.
- s+b BlogsAs Medicare reimbursement rates continue to drop, three critical factors will separate the winners from the losers.
- s+b BlogsTwo broad themes will have the biggest impact on payors and providers: consumerization and the evolution of risk.