As companies and nations make investment decisions about the next generation of broadband networks, they should consider the correlation between the faster transfer of information and economic growth. Analysis by Booz & Company found that higher rates of broadband penetration in 2002 were closely related with higher labor productivity over the next five years. The full Booz & Company report is “Digital Highways: The Role of Government in 21st-Century Infrastructure.”
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Roger Martin’s Required Reading
- 2.Are You a Producer or a Performer?
- 3.20 Questions for Business Leaders
- 4.Millennials Play the Long Game
- 5.How Ads for Big Brands Could Benefit Rivals Instead
- 6.The Future of Management Is Teal
- 7.Help, I Need Somebody (at the Office)
- 8.10 Principles of Change Management
- 9.Stop Driving Away Your Producers
- 10.Who Are Your High-Potential Employees?