As companies and nations make investment decisions about the next generation of broadband networks, they should consider the correlation between the faster transfer of information and economic growth. Analysis by Booz & Company found that higher rates of broadband penetration in 2002 were closely related with higher labor productivity over the next five years. The full Booz & Company report is “Digital Highways: The Role of Government in 21st-Century Infrastructure.”
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.When You Get Caught Up in the Wrong Trend
- 4.Role Model Behavior
- 5.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread
- 6.Uncomfortable Truths Don’t Just Go Away
- 7.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 8.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 9.Innovation’s New World Order
- 10.Why Pictures Are Worth a Thousand Words