strategy+business (s+b) is an award-winning management magazine for decision makers in businesses and organizations around the world. Our purpose is to illuminate the complex choices that leaders face — in strategy, marketing, operations, human capital, governance, and other domains — and the impact of their decisions. s+b is published in print, on the web, and in digital editions on a variety of platforms.
strategy+business is published by PwC Strategy& LLC. The articles we publish are characterized by:
Distinguished contributors. We feature writing by chief executives and other well-known corporate leaders, best-selling business thinkers and philosophers, prominent academics and researchers, seasoned practitioners from Strategy&, and journalists with a track record in revealing the patterns below the surface.
Distinctive content. Our purpose is to find and share the ideas and stories that raise the game for management, written and expounded clearly enough to provide the basis for thoughtful action. Through in-depth feature stories, thought leader interviews, and strategic commentaries, each issue of strategy+business provides an informed, global perspective on ideas and practices relevant to large-scale corporations. Ongoing features and studies include:
- The “Global Innovation 1000” study, examining corporate spending on research and development each year
- “Chief Executive Study”: an overview of the trends affecting the length of chief executive tenure and the nature of turnover in the role
- Our compendium of “Recent Research,” summarizing academic studies and their implications for real-world corporate action
- “Author’s Choice,” in which writers introduce favorite excerpts from other business and management writers’ books
- A set of roundtable discussions being organized with the World Economic Forum
- Provocative “Thought Leader” interviews and “Creative Mind” profiles, going in depth with notable figures such as former chief executive and author Lawrence Bossidy; Harvard Business School professor and author Clayton Christensen; psychologist and Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman; Internet pioneer and Harvard professor Lawrence Lessig; and Kishore Mahbubani, author, diplomat, and professor at the National University of Singapore.
- Coverage of trends in neuroscience, lean thinking, emerging markets, corporate governance, and digital media, and their implications for business leadership
- Valuable thinking and practice in marketing, media, operations, health care, innovation, finance, energy, and more
To propose articles for s+b, see our writer's guidelines.
Discerning readers. strategy+business has a global audience of more than 1,000,000 readers, including print and digital subscribers as well as website registrants. More than 165,000 people receive s+b’s bi-weekly e-newsletters, over 600,000 subscribe to s+b’s digital edition and apps, and more than 195,000 interact with s+b on social media channels. According to a recent study analyzing s+b’s circulation, 42 percent of s+b print readers are C-suite executives ranked vice president or higher. Our audience includes decision makers at small firms, managers rising within large companies, prominent academics, and others with an interest in understanding the business and management systems, practices, and ideas that define our world.
For more on our audience, see our online media kit.
Diverse channels. We make our material available to you in a variety of ways.
- The strategy+business quarterly print magazine is available via and on newsstands.
- The strategy+business website, where new articles are published every week.
s+b IDEAS THAT WORKA bi-weekly email newsletterfor business analysis, insights, commentary, and multimedia from the authors, strategists, and editors at strategy+business.
- Strategy& Foresight, a quarterly selection of the best, most provocative, and timely work from Strategy&.
s+b also publishes books, e-books, and multimedia content, including videos.
Awards Highlights for strategy+business:
ASBPE’s Gold national and regional awards for best blog in 2015 and Silver award for best blog in 2014
ASBPE's Gold regional award for best Website Home Page Design in 2015
- Two 2013 Folio “Eddie” awards that recognized specific s+b articles
- 2012 Folio “Ozzie” Silver, B-to-B Best Website Design
- Two 2012 Folio “Eddie” awards that recognized specific issues of s+b
- 2012 Forbes Top 25 Websites for CEOs
- 2010 Folio “Eddie” Bronze, B-to-B Banking/Business/Finance Website
- Two 2010 Folio “Ozzie” Gold awards that recognized specific issues of s+b
- 2010 American Society of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE) Top 10 Magazine of the Year, under $2 million
- Seventeen other ASBPE Gold awards, six ASBPE Silver awards, and five ASBPE Bronze awards that recognized specific s+b content and articles
For a complete list of our awards, visit our media kit.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 2.10 Principles of Change Management
- 3.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 4.Paychecks with a Purpose
- 5.Role Model Behavior
- 6.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 7.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 8.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words
- 9.Bran Ferren on the Art of Innovation
- 10.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread