Today’s CEO creates opportunity through innovation and customer awareness. Strong cultural values come from the top.
Auto, Airlines & Transport
- Instead of returning capital to shareholders through buybacks and dividends, companies will have to invest aggressively in profitable growth initiatives.
- s+b BlogsSpace tourism and self-driving cars are exciting to ponder, but what about just making our current systems work better?
- s+b BlogsWhen economic times are good, it’s easy to fall into the trap of expecting that growth will only continue.
- As the global defense industry embraces digital technology, it is creating a new type of warfare with different winners and losers.
- s+b BlogsThe auto industry is making massive R&D investments in safety, connectivity, and autonomy — so far without good returns.
- s+b BlogsAlthough the transportation of people and goods has gotten cheaper, faster, and safer, low infrastructure investment has created frustrating bottlenecks.
- s+b BlogsMilitary contractors are reinventing themselves for a world of rapidly evolving technology and new geopolitical relationships.
- s+b BlogsIt’s easy to forget about the procyclicality of debt when basking in long upswings.
- s+b BlogsA vast shortage of truckers reveals what’s wrong with relying on independent contractors.
- s+b BlogsGoogle vaulted from nowhere to grab the lead in driverless cars, but Waymo aims to win the race.
- Radio companies may be better positioned than they realize to provide entertainment to commuters, but they’ll need to rethink their business models.
- The advent of autonomous vehicles may send the auto insurance industry over a cliff.
- s+b BlogsTechnologies often spawn metaphors, which change over time and shape how we think about work.
- s+b BlogsEconomic narratives can change rapidly.
- When it comes to the autonomous ride-hailing battle, no single player has all the capabilities necessary to succeed.
- The service sector needs to break away from old manufacturing-oriented habits and build great consumer experiences into every facet of its business model.
- s+b BlogsThe electric vehicle and green energy industries show how rolling out innovations can be delayed in the face of time-consuming obstacles.
- While automakers pour millions into winning the autonomous vehicle race, they run the risk of ignoring the more imminent threats that could sink them before the technology becomes pervasive.