A new book argues that the global financial crisis that began in 2008 would have been much worse without American financial innovation.
- A conversation with Ian Bremmer about nationalism and populism, which will remain potent political forces — at least until some fundamental issues are addressed.
- For established firms, acquiring a digital startup comes with promise and pitfalls.
- GMOWith so much cash on company balance sheets, U.S. companies face competitive pressure to use the tax windfall strategically.
- GMOWhen you know the probabilities of future events, including your own processes, you can hedge their risks in more strategic ways.
- GMOEmerging digital tools and techniques are reinventing large-scale IT initiatives, one process at a time.
- Is your board missing early warning signals that the chief executive is slipping?
- GMOValentin Stalf, chief executive of German financial-services startup N26, wants banking to be like music downloading.
- Capital expenditures are an overlooked lever for helping companies boost cash flows — and ultimately shareholder returns.
- GMOMichael Pennisi, the chief executive of QSuper, one of Australia’s largest pension funds, describes how to change direction at scale.
- s+b BlogsOne of the largest commodity exchanges has started offering futures contracts on the cryptocurrency.
- Focus on intrinsic value, not share price, to surpass investor expectations.
- GMOSix years ago, two executives new to their jobs led the strategic transition that remade McGraw-Hill into S&P Global.
- The financial world is about to learn a new kind of proficiency with “frictionless” digital transactions.
- s+b BlogsBanking’s greatest technological innovation offers timeless lessons in improving customer experience.
- An effective response starts long before the catastrophe occurs, with governance and relationships, advance preparation, and the ability to test your practices.
- s+b BlogsFinancial engineering won’t fix a stagnant valuation.
- s+b BlogsIt’s easy to forget about the procyclicality of debt when basking in long upswings.