A new study shows that alliances and joint ventures are on the rise worldwide.
- In 2014, Piyush Gupta, CEO of DBS Bank of Singapore, asked his staff to think like the employees of a fintech startup and build the digital capabilities they would need to succeed.
- Businesses need to understand three key trends that are shaping value-added and sales taxes, and take three steps to keep pace with change. See also “Why You Need to Pay More Attention to Indirect Taxes in 2019.”
- GMOFor Antonio Huertas Mejías, chief executive officer of the MAPFRE insurance company, economic growth aligns with making a sustainable contribution to the wider community.
- SlideshowThree key trends that are shaping value-added and sales taxes. For more insight, read “It Pays to Keep Tabs on Indirect Taxes.”
- Two years ago, the Indian government abruptly wiped out most of the nation’s currency in hopes of ending black money and curbing corruption. Has the experiment worked?
- GMOThree steps to creating a better operating model.
- s+b BlogsThey’re not gone. But they are struggling as the market splits into behemoth platforms and a multitude of small, niche players that those platforms enable.
- A new book argues that the global financial crisis that began in 2008 would have been much worse without American financial innovation.
- A conversation with Ian Bremmer about nationalism and populism, which will remain potent political forces — at least until some fundamental issues are addressed.
- For established firms, acquiring a digital startup comes with promise and pitfalls.
- GMOWith so much cash on company balance sheets, U.S. companies face competitive pressure to use the tax windfall strategically.
- GMOWhen you know the probabilities of future events, including your own processes, you can hedge their risks in more strategic ways.
- GMOEmerging digital tools and techniques are reinventing large-scale IT initiatives, one process at a time.
- Pursuit of innovation is crucial in the competitive global market.
- Is your board missing early warning signals that the chief executive is slipping?
- GMOValentin Stalf, chief executive of German financial-services startup N26, wants banking to be like music downloading.
- Capital expenditures are an overlooked lever for helping companies boost cash flows — and ultimately shareholder returns.
- GMOMichael Pennisi, the chief executive of QSuper, one of Australia’s largest pension funds, describes how to change direction at scale.