- As officials promote virtual doctor’s visits to curb the spread of coronavirus, this efficient form of care may lower costs.
- August 19, 2019 by Linda Rodriguez McRobbieWhy companies need to tread carefully in this unregulated space.
- July 31, 2019 by Theodore KinniIn Priced Out, economist Uwe Reinhardt asks the most taboo question in American healthcare for the last time.
- January 29, 2019 by Kevin ManeyHealth sensors that are built into people’s daily lives (and attire) could help researchers address many types of life-threatening crises.
- December 11, 2018 by Julia HobsbawmScaled-up, spontaneous networks can help solve tough problems when people come together.
- October 8, 2018 by Art KleinerRobert Wachter, M.D., author of The Digital Doctor, is increasingly optimistic that technology can improve healthcare. Better strategic management of people, systems, and data is making a difference.
- March 19, 2018 by Eric J. McNultyThe Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase announcement shows that new action is possible.
- Leaders must act quickly to overcome obstacles so they can harness revenue opportunities for the industry and health benefits for society.
- As large companies join forces to tackle healthcare, they will accelerate innovation and disruption in the broader industry.
- As the massive healthcare program for low-income U.S. residents evolves, players will have to develop new capabilities.
- December 7, 2017 by Ram CharanIt’s a case study in the “attacker’s advantage.”
- As the healthcare landscape evolves, stakeholders in the pharmacy value chain need to rethink how they organize to deliver value.
- Legislation passed in 2015 is providing powerful incentives for the U.S. healthcare system to pursue value-based care.
- To capitalize on the rapid growth in membership, insurers need to rethink the way they design and administer MA plans.
- Payors, providers, medtech companies, and pharmaceutical firms need to get better at working with one another.
- June 12, 2017 by Theodore KinniIn his new book, Mistreated, former Permanente Medical Group CEO Robert Pearl diagnoses the woes afflicting one of the country’s largest industries.
- Putting people at the core is the key to major improvements in financial, performance, regulatory, and quality indicators.
- Pursuing effective growth strategies will help firms navigate the uncertainty in the U.S. market.
- October 11, 2016 by Chunka MuiWe must discard several misconceptions and reimagine how our society confronts this deadly, and expensive, disease.
- August 29, 2016 by Benjamin IsgurRobert Henkel, president and CEO of Ascension Health, the delivery subsidiary of Ascension, has helped lead the transformation of the nation’s largest Catholic healthcare system as it fulfills its mission in a changing healthcare environment.
- People don’t crave the latest fitness wearable. Their overwhelming preference is for simple applications that provide and organize information.
- A comprehensive model shows how far-reaching trends in the massive industry will influence the growth of profit pools — and how payors and providers should respond.
- The health insurer is leading the way for the reformation of the U.S. healthcare system by saving consumers money and testing innovative ideas.
All articles tagged: healthcare innovation
More PwC insights
Bold insights for bold leaders. A new series that addresses the most urgent forces facing business leaders in 2021 — and beyond. Explore the series.