As companies and nations make investment decisions about the next generation of broadband networks, they should consider the correlation between the faster transfer of information and economic growth. Analysis by Booz & Company found that higher rates of broadband penetration in 2002 were closely related with higher labor productivity over the next five years. The full Booz & Company report is “Digital Highways: The Role of Government in 21st-Century Infrastructure.”
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.Consistency Drives Success at Telus
- 2.Just Say No
- 3.The Audacity of Holacracy
- 4.Mix and Deliver: The Next Step for Drinks Apps?
- 5.Put the Humanity Back in Human Resources
- 6.The Decline of the COO
- 7.The Search for an Oracle
- 8.The How and When of Getting Back to Work
- 9.Grow from Your Strengths
- 10.Lotte Bailyn Is Redefining the Rules of Work and Family