Having applied the logic of physics to predict the life expectancy of biological creatures and cities, Geoffrey West is now searching for the scientific principles that dictate the life spans of companies.
Welcome to strategy+business. Here’s what’s new.
- The master algorithm will invent everything that can be invented.
- One of the world’s most influential business thinkers talks about the books that shaped his approach to his career.
- By identifying your top talent and putting them in the right position, you’re increasing your odds of creating new businesses.
- A leading business author talks about the books that shaped his thinking and career.
- The University of Michigan professor believes that to solve human problems, human skill is needed more urgently than ever before.
- Michael Wolff on the resurgence of TV in the digital age.
- Coca-Cola’s Derk Hendriksen says his company wants to lead the way in positively affecting communities and empowering women entrepreneurs.
- The Stanford professor calls out four books that illuminate the often-dark paths to power.
- A collective intellectual effort offers self-help for a nation struggling to adapt to a new global climate.
- The entire history of management ideas can be seen as a series of answers to a few pragmatic queries.
- Debates over paid leave, wage increases, and flexible work arrangements, says the MIT professor, all stem from a larger assumption that personal and business needs are in conflict.
- The unusual perspective of high-performing entrepreneurs allows them to turn good ideas into great businesses.
- The b-school professor recommends three books that support the development of value-based leadership.
- To become a better leader, you need to start by asking yourself tough questions, and follow through.
- The professor at Vanderbilt’s Owen Graduate School of Management explains the root of unethical behavior.
- The founder of The North Face recommends four books for building great brands.
Most Popular on s+b
- 1.10 Principles of Change Management
- 2.The Next Generation of Social Media in the Office
- 3.Role Model Behavior
- 4.A Good Barrel for Bad Apples in Business
- 5.Why Business Books Still Speak Volumes
- 6.Why China’s Stock Market Crisis Spread
- 7.The Search for Hidden Talent Treasures
- 8.Paychecks with a Purpose
- 9.Can Networking at the Office Become Too Much of a Good Thing?
- 10.Why Pictures are Worth a Thousand Words