The best consumer strategies start with knowing where and why people shop for your product.
- Your strategy should turn customers into “cross-buyers” of your products and services.
- s+b BlogsGet to know your highest-volume customers, and fill the satisfaction gaps that they won’t tell you about.
- s+b BlogsThe author of Hooked recommends four books for the leaders of consumer companies seeking to create habit-forming products and services.
- INSEAD’s David Dubois on how companies and their customers communicate in the digital age.
- s+b BlogsLearn to operate from two observation points simultaneously and to outsource at home.
- When a product loses consumer appeal, it’s usually because the company’s support system has broken down.
- s+b BlogsTarget is the latest retailer to double down on mini versions of its stores — and hopes to avoid others’ pitfalls.
- s+b BlogsIn mature product categories, the top companies usually compete fiercely for one another’s customers. But they might be better off focusing on the fringe consumers who haven’t yet picked a side.
- Global businesses are about to integrate their operations into a seamless digital whole, and thereby change the world.
- Mature food companies need to use aggressive cost reduction, portfolio simplification, and substantially new approaches to growth to deliver competitive returns.
- s+b BlogsCompanies can turn consumers into active online volunteers who offer consistently valuable input on existing and yet-to-be-designed products.
- s+b BlogsWhat to do when you outgrow your target market — or vice versa.
- s+b BlogsDon’t underestimate the power of choosing a unique definition of the customers your company will serve.
- The most farsighted enterprises have mastered five unconventional practices for building and using distinctive capabilities.
- To serve online shoppers effectively, companies need to make complex trade-offs among speed, variety, and convenience.
- s+b BlogsThe fastest-growing marketing channel is the voice telephone — especially when it turns solving a problem into making a sale.
- s+b BlogsUse your purchasing power for good.
- Coca-Cola’s Derk Hendriksen says his company wants to lead the way in positively affecting communities and empowering women entrepreneurs.