- Understanding how female leaders have developed over time can help us embrace the potential for their future advancement.
- GMOJeremy Darroch, the CEO of global television company Sky, believes consistent renewal and reinvention is the key to relevance in the age of streaming.
- Business ventures that go beyond emissions reductions to actually remove existing carbon and other pollutants from the environment could be good for both the planet and profits.
- StrategyCrisis creates business opportunities. This time, M&A activity will lead the way, and buyers will be in the driver’s seat.
- s+b BlogsEnergy & sustainabilityAs COVID-19 plunges the world into recession, consumers will be more sensitive to price.
- StrategyIn times of crisis and recovery, a strategic approach to compliance can build trust and create value for customers, stakeholders, and society at large.
- s+b BlogsStrategyThe ability to cope with ambiguity is at a particular premium.
- Organizations & peopleBusinesses that identify organizational strengths will be better positioned to weather the disruptions of COVID-19.
- LeadershipThere is very little overlap between the management areas leaders think they need to improve and the weaknesses identified by those they lead. Reconciling these differences will improve leaders and their organizations.
- StrategyThe COVID-19 pandemic is highlighting how altruistic businesses adapt, remain flexible, and survive.
Books in Brief
- In The Power of Experiments, Harvard Business School professors Michael Luca and Max Bazerman provide an overview of the applications, promise, and perils of corporate experimentation.
- In his new book, historian Rutger Bregman argues that people are actually fundamentally good.
- In his new book, American Business History, Walter A. Friedman offers a highly concise history of free enterprise in the United States.
- In the new book Overload, professors Erin L. Kelly and Phyllis Moen report the results of a rigorous five-year field experiment in giving employees more control over their jobs.
The Thought Leader Interview
- The former director of the CDC and current head of Resolve to Save Lives explains why economic recovery will only arrive when the coronavirus is under control.
- Get ready to put your knowledge of all things business to the test with a puzzle celebrating our 25th anniversary.