Archives by year:
- October 1, 1997What is the purpose of a company's knowledge program? To improve at a rate faster than the competition.
- October 1, 1997"Economic value added" has received a great deal of attention as a management tool. It is effective, but are all E.V. A.'s alike? And how do companies employ the technique to achieve their goals?
- July 1, 1997With the marketplace changing so rapidly and product lives shortening, sales has become a strategic issue. But how do you make certain it is managed properly and that a company's best customers are satisfied? You do it by making sales a boardroom issue.
- July 1, 1997What is the job of the board of directors? To make certain the chief executive succeeds. How does it do it? By working closely with the chief executive in a collaborative relationship.
- July 1, 1997What does it take to grow shareholder value at world-class rates? More than profit and revenue increases. It takes strategic innovation to make it into the top tier.
- July 1, 1997How to Think Like a CEO: The 22 Vital Traits You Need to Be the Person at the Top by D.A. Benton (463 pages, Warner Books, 1996)
- January 1, 1997Catching the right moment to take action when successful business models begin to wane requires skilled detection work and the courage to face reality. In the second article of a two-part series on value migration -- the process by which changing markets and new competitors threaten a company's equilibrium -- a system of early-warning diagnostics is recommended.